For this activity, usually scheduled right after the Veggie Challenge, the boys and I make a juice (using our Hurom slow juicer) juicer for their mom while listening to old-school hip-hop, and then we try to learn a breakdancing move once we're filled up with juicy power. I try to make it an "every color of the rainbow" juice, using:
- a red fruit or vegetable (today it was watermelon)
- an orange fruit or vegetable (today it was carrots)
- a yellow fruit or vegetable (today it was half a banana)
- a green fruit or vegetable (today it was a pear and some kale leaves)
- a blue fruit or vegetable (normally blueberries, but today we didn't have any)
- a purple fruit or vegetable (today it was pomegranate seeds)
The kids love making the juice because it's both easy and cathartic: just dump the stuff into the hole and occasionally push it down with the plastic thing.
The juice today came out dark green, but holy crap did it taste delicious. We made about two and a half cups, enough for me and my wife to have a full glass and Zephyr and Lyric to have several shot glasses worth.
Normally we also do a breakdancing lesson, but today we had to rehearse for tomorrow's talent show (more on that soon). I tried to give Zephyr a quick lesson about keeping the beat, but he didn't quite seem to get it.